Here are some family friendly bike events in the Bay Area that we know of for October 2023.
- Sunday, October 8th, 10am-1pm - Alameda - Adult Learn to Ride Class with Bike East Bay. This class is a great opportunity for any adults who want to improve their bike riding skills and confidence. It’s completely free and you don’t need any prior experience. I’m not the instructor for this class, but I can assure you that they are very friendly and helpful.: https://bikeeastbay.org/events/ltr-oct-8/
- Saturday, October 14th, 10am-2pm - Pleasant Hill Elementary - PHE Bike Swap and Festival - Pleasant Hill Elementary has a wonderful walk/bike program that encourages half of their students to use active transportation. At this event, you can join a bike swap where you can sell your old bike or buy a new one. You might find a great deal like one of our families did! You can also try out different types of bikes, such as e-bikes and cargo bikes, and have fun with obstacle courses and freebies. We had a blast at the Bay Area Bike Swap in May and we’re sure you will at this event. https://www.phepta.org/home/bike-phe
- Saturday, October 14th, 11am-5pm - Fairfax - Biketoberfest Marin - Beer and bike festival in Fairfax. Not as kid-friendly as the other events, but plenty of beer and bike stuff. An annual tradition that supports the Marin County Bicycle Coalition: https://marinbike.org/biketoberfest-fairfax-ca/
- Saturday, October 21st, 10am-2pm - Uptown Oakland - Family Friendly Oakland Mural Ride - Do you love biking and art? Then you should join Nas, a fellow bike instructor, for a fun and scenic ride through Oakland. You’ll get to see some amazing murals and learn more about them. The ride is about 10 miles long and suitable for families. You can find more details in the flyer above or contact Nas at email@example.com. Don’t miss this chance to explore Oakland’s vibrant culture on two wheels!
- Saturday, October 28th, 1pm - Berkeley - Kidical Mass Berkeley - "Kidical Mass bike rides are a great way to build kids' confidence on their bikes, and to have fun with family and friends. Our last Kidical Mass had over 100 riders from all over the East Bay (in the rain!) and was a blast. This time, we're riding the weekend before Halloween, and costumes are encouraged (but not required).At the end of the ride, we'll have an ice cream truck waiting to serve everyone, and we'll have some fruit available as well." - RSVP on the Kidical Mass Eventbrite page.
- Sunday, October 29th, 10:45am - Berkeley - Xtracycle October Cargo Bike Party and Ride - All bikes welcome! These are fun, family-friendly rides where kids can ride on the back of a cargo bike or on their own bikes if they're capable. We've been to a number of these, and there are fun bubbles and music. We cross intersections as a group to help get everyone across safely. More info on the Xtracycle page.